Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ahhhhh! nothings happening!

Well.. its been a long time since there has been anything crazily exciting so here is a run down of the small stuff!

Mike and I haven't been able to climb together for almost 3 weeks, :( so I have been climbing with a few other people. A few weeks ago, 3 I think, Karlyn and I went climbing in Leavenworth were Karlyn Completed a long standing personal project the Hole. After that we drove to the Camp Serene boulder in Gold bar were Karlyn then dispatched the awsome Serenity Now. Later that day I was itchen' to go work the bottom of Ross Bongo so Karlyn and I made a quick drive over to the Five Star boulder and I spent the rest of the day light trying to link the actual start with the rest of the problem with not send in the end but i did figure out how to like all the moves. During all of that Mike and Britt took a trip to Seatle and when climbing at the wonderful Stone Gardens were they enjoyed a quite evening of awsome climbing with amazing walls!

2 weeks ago Mr Mike Dove had a gig playing with a band! So left to my own I decided to go climbing with Karlyn again. So back out in leavenworth we went to the Forestlands and spend some quality time on the amazing rock there. I wanted to try the back door ass attack before the sun hit it, well I wasn't successfull in that but i was able to somehow mantle on the sloping nothingness that is the topout, though I don't think I could do it again! Inspired by my work ethic (I dont know why haha) Karlyn decided to try another one of her projects, the insainly cool and scary Ruminator! Having been super close to the top out severl times before Karlyn was pretty nervous getting ready for the climb. Once the pads were set and the shoes were on however, Karlyn made quick work the problem sending on her first go!

so this last weekend was an exciting one for Mike as it was his B-Day! whoo hoo! He is now an old geezer like me at the ripe old age of 22! So this weekend Mike and I could have climbed together.. but no.. I thought he had gone home but he didn't. So like the goober that I am i went climbing with out him :(. but only because I thought he wasn't around... I took a trip out to Vantage in the late evening with Derick, Laura, and Karlyn. it was Dericks and Lauras first time climbing out side so Karlyn and I put up a rope for them and they both climbed on real rock for the first time. That was a ton of fun! after Derick climbed I was itchen to climb something so I asked him if he wanted to go free solo a route... and to my amazement he said yes! ahh! brave man! So Derick and I went and climbed the easiest route there but with no ropes and Derick did great never got scared once and never stoped either. Pretty impresive for his first time climbing!

Well now that we are caught up in all the cool climbing news and I have written a book, I think I'll go eat some breakfast!

Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment