Thursday, July 2, 2009

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!

Oh man! Is it time for some updates!
So last Wednesday, Britt, Brian and I went to Leavenworth for the day, and it was awesome! Brian finished up Pimpsqueak, which is super awesome! It's an amazing line and you're completely horizontal for quite a while. So sick! I couldn't quite pull it off, but I knew I'd be back soon to try it again. After a short dinner break at Heidelburger, we went to check out Musashi and Brian nabbed that one also! We were all stoked for Brian! Woo! After Brian spanked Musashi, I went back to Pimpsqueak, but just couldn't pull it off. Fast forward to Saturday. I was really itching to get back to Pimpsqueak, so we warmed up in the Mad Meadows proper area, and then trekked to the awesomeness that is Pimpsqueak. I nailed it first try of the day, and was really excited about it! Brian and I find it so much fun and so much more satisfying when we go through the project rollercoaster. Experiencing every emotion, becoming so angry with an inanimate object, and eventually, finishing a sequence on this piece of rock that you have somehow become intensely attached to. But after we finish, there's always the lingering question: What's next? We decided that we had some unfinished business over on the west side, so we traveled to the Camp Serene boulder, and both got Chemical Imbalance, officially ticking off that boulder for us. The next stop on the agenda was the Five Star Boulder. Brian ticked the Five Star Arete very quickly, and then we went to work on Ross Bongo. I wasn't too psyched on it until Brian unlocked the sequence and got painfully close to topping it out. After being inspired by Brian, I managed to send... well, sort of. After watching videos of others doing it, we realized we weren't starting low enough, so we gotsta go back. Anyways, super long post but super productive weekend. Stay tuned for more pics and video. Didn't get too much on this trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment