Saturday, June 20, 2009

BATMAN

Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you a story.
There is one boulder problem I have been too afraid to attempt since I found out it existed in Leavenworth. It's name... is Batman. I was never afraid because of anything the climb had to offer, except for its name. You see, I love batman. I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with him and would never want to disappoint him. So, I never tried the problem in fear that if I blew balls all over the climb, I would disappoint. Finally, Friday, June 19th, 2009, with the help and encouragement of Brian, I gathered the gonads and summoned the gumption to go visit my idol. I stood in awe at this superproblem I had built up in my head everytime I drove past it. Brian and I set the pads, and quickly sussed out the beta. I threw myself at the problem with reckless abandon, wanting so badly to prove to the dark knight that I was ready, that I was worthy of this send. I am fortunate to say that even though I did not complete the problem (fell off the top a bunch of godforsaken times), it was everything I've imagined. It is rare that a line holds the attention of Brian and I for any significant amount of time, since we both suffer from a severe case of I'mboredalready-itis, but this one captivated us, and we will be back to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight.
-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment