Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy Weekend

School's almost over, and I have three concerts to play this weekend. I had a concert today, I have an orchestra concert tomorrow, and another orchestra concert on Monday. Needless to say, this weekend has already been, and still will be, crazy busy! Kinda bummed cause I haven't been able to climb with Brian a ton cause these past couple weeks he's had other olbigations. Bummer. Thankfully, I had a free evening so I jet to L-town with Karlyn, Max, and Emily. On the ride down, we reminisced about "Twilight Zone". Freakin' awesome show! Our first stop was the scrambled eggs boulder, which we warmed up on. I also warmed up on this problem called "the dildo". Problem was sicknasty! Awesome crimps and sweet heel hooks! After that we made our way to the 420 boulder, which I had never been to before. The problems on this boulder were sweet! The feature problem on this boulder is a tall slab with a bit of an insecure start, but then absolutely perfect granite edges up higher. It was an awesome climb that I had to repeat a few more times to get the full effect of how cool it was! There was however, a stupid bolt up on top of this 15 foot Vo. Dumbness. Anyways, other than that, the trip was awesome and after the 420 boulder we headed to the straightaways. I did a couple problems I hadn't been able to pull off before, but couldn't nab "WAS"... so pretty! It will be mine soon... I hope!
Stay psyched!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment