Monday, May 9, 2011

Someday We'll Start Posting Regularly

Ok... it's time to buckle down and actually keep this blog thing going. Brian and I are basically slackers, but we promise to keep things going this time. I guess we'll give it a couple months and see what actually happens.
So much has happened lately. I finally legitimately graduated from college! Before I decided to finish up though I got a job on a cruise ship in Australia playing drums for four months. It was an amazing experience! I got to see areas of the South Pacific, New Zealand, Fiji, and of course, Australia. Let me make it very clear though, that New Zealand is basically the best place on earth, and no other country can compare to the average New Zealand breakfast.
I had so many awesome experiences during my four month contract, but a cruise ship job can easily turn into a lifestyle, and it wasn't one I was willing to commit to for too long. There are too many things on land I miss, like family and friends, climbing, and most importantly... real ketchup. So, I got back in February and hadn't climbed in over four months. Needless to say, I'm still pretty rusty, but it feels so good to get back on real rock and climb. Climbing is a huge part of my life and living without it definitely made my "negative, ghost rider" list. I've been getting back into it slowly but surely, and recently secured a job at Edgeworks Climbing gym in Tacoma, so I'm really psyched that I can put real life on hold for just a bit longer.
Brian on the other hand, has been crushing all season long. He's been competing in the NC3 series (collegiate comp series) all school year, and ended up getting second overall! He also looks set to graduate this spring, which is really exciting! Brian is such a gangsta, and even though we're on opposite sides of the state now, we're still trying to find time to climb together. On a side note, it was Brian's birthday on may 4th, so if you see him out at the crags give him a big Happy Birthday!

Stay psyched,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment