Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chicago and the SBP

My sis has finally headed back to the windy city of Chicago to do another season of dancing with the dance company Luna Negra (i think that's how you spell it). Her plane left at 11:40 pm so of course my parents didn't want to drive back that late so we hit up a hotel in the area and stayed the night. My mother, being the utmost concerned with proper fitting shoes (maybe that's why i fit my climbing shoes so tight....) when shopping for shoes and Seattle. Of course I couldn't stand the thought of watching my my mother shoe shop, so I hit up one of the new gyms over in Seattle today, the new Seattle Bouldering Project. The gym is pretty cool with a wide variety of problems and a truly stunning selection of walls to climb on. The gym staff was buys working on a new selection of routs which was pretty fun to watch as they pieced together their latest masterpieces to mystify climbers. I managed to decipher a few of their sequences but there were many more that I would like to come back and try to figure out.




On another note here are some pictures of the trip that me and my sister took down to the Oregon beach.





My super cool sister being not so super cool on the car ride!



Renee climbing at the Portland Rock Gym




Renee crushing a problem at The Circuit







My big sis and I at the beach!
You can't go to the beach and not build one right? The finished castle!
and yes that is a bridge with space underneath it!


No comments:

Post a Comment